We spent most of February eating from the pantry stash, cheating with take-out, and having sandwiches or breakfast for dinner. We made it through without too much damage, but I spent quite a while at the grocery store yesterday replenishing. March thankfully has a fairly clear calendar.
This week I’ll be posting the March seasonal produce recipes, it’s time to get excited, we’re nearing the end of the winter produce!
Here’s our menu for the week. What are you having this week? Is there anything you are excited to try?
- Monday – Squishy-bean burritos – normal people refer to these as refried bean burritos-, Spanish rice, and fried green corn. The husband and I are also enjoying leftover albondigas, mexican meatball soup
- Tuesday – Garlic soy chicken thighs, turnips au gratin, green beans
- Wednesday – Short ribs, black-eyed peas, cauliflower cheese (this may be changed if I find a more interesting recipe for cauliflower I want to try), biscuits
- Thursday – C.O.R.N. *
- Friday – Cream of broccoli soup (I’m fixing the pictures on this post, hang tight, also since it’s for Friday I’ll be using vegetable stock), grilled cheese,
- Saturday – Pizza Night – Taco pizza style, raw veggies on the side
- Sunday – Roast chicken, more turnips, brussels sprouts, cornbread
Items in bold are those I hope to add to the site and C.O.R.N. is simply an acronym for Clean Out Refrigerator Night.
So, let’s hear what you’re having.