If you’re anything like me (and hey, you might not be, I’m strange), you have too many books. Go on, admit it, you have more books than you really need. Go through them. Keep the ones you want to read over and over, and keep the ones you plan on reading in the next 3 months, keep the reference books you might really refer to and get rid of everything else. I promise, it won’t hurt. Much.
What to do with all those books?
- Give them away on Freecycle
- Post an ad on Craigslist, either giving them away or selling them for a very nominal fee
- Donate them to Freecycle
- How many Bibles do you have? More than you need? Contact your local church to see where they can be put to good use.
- Contact your local library to find out where you can donate books to worthy causes.
- Set up a book swap with your friends. But don’t get too many or you’ll be in the same boat!
Once you’ve purged all those extra books, resist the urge to get a whole lot more! That’s going to be my problem.