It’s been awhile since Kathy T has graced us with her Stupid Questions. I’m glad they’re back! On with the questions.
1. I’m having a terrible time with my vacuum cleaner. It blows instead of sucking. I know this reads like a dirty back-of-the-video-store room, but it’s my carpet that’s the dirty boy. What’s the deal?
It sounds like you may have a clog in your vacuum cleaner. Try taking it apart and trying to find the clog.
2. My old smelly cat will not stay off our kitchen table at night, though she knows it’s forbidden. We get up every morning to find huge tufts of hair all over our once-clean surface. Besides stacking my glasses upside down all over the table every night (which I’ve done) to keep her off, do you have any suggestions? I can’t stand my cats on the table or countertops.
I’d use shallow baking pans with water or crumpled tinfoil along the edges of the table. Cats hate how tinfoil feels on their paws, so this is usually a good solution.
3. My daughter and I walked all over the grocery store last night talking with an English accent. We were ‘aving a laugh! As we were leaving, the check out kid flirted in a grand way. My daughter thinks he was flirting with me. I’m the exact opposite of Posh Spice (except I’m a chick, too), so I’m absolutely positive it wasn’t me. How can I convince my daughter that it was HER he was flirting with? I’d like to keep building her self-esteem before she goes off to college in two years.
You can’t, man, teens are weird. Seriously.
4. I’ve never had a pedicure and a new agent in my office is trying to convince me to have one to relax. What exactly is involved?
Pedicures are the best things ever invented! You go sit in a massage chair with this foot spa attached, and then you soak your feet in the foot spa while relaxing with the massage chair. Then the pedicure people do tickly things to your feet for a good 20 minutes. They wrap hot towels around your calves and then massage them. Best $25 you will ever spend, I promise. My advice: wear sandals to get your pedicure, you’ll want to show your cute feets off afterwards!
5. I need to remove some labels stuck on an old metal filing cabinet. What works best?
6. I’m seeing way too many little ant hills around my yard. Should they be terminated with extreme prejudice?
At least they’re little ant hills and they might not be fire ants. Even so, terminate with extreme prejudice. I despise ants.
7. And spiders too! Eek!
It’s bad luck to kill spiders, though.