I hope you had a good weekend. I managed to knock out a few more recipes this weekend, feel free to check them out:
- Spaghetti with Meat Sauce – it’s totally a date night, company worthy meal, just add a salad
- Chicken Salad – a great way to use up leftover roast chicken.
- Blue Cheese Dressing – perfect for wings and buffalo chicken sandwiches
- Meatballs – if you’re going to have spaghetti or calzones or subs, here’s your go to
So what will we be making this week? Well it’s going to be a bit on the chilly and damp side, so we’re going heavy on the soup and chili plan.
What will you be having this week? Here’s a printable to help you plan your menu and your grocery list. If you’ve never tried to menu plan, this series might help.
If you participated in yesterday’s Organizational Challenge: The Great Pantry Clean-Out, grab that list and make sure you use up anything that is going to expire soon.
There’s a new produce option in our area that I’m excited to try. It’s not quiet a CSA, but does try to keep everything as local and sustainable as possible. Menu planning might be a little different in the near future if it works out. Their boxes are delivered on Thursdays which is pretty much the middle of the current plan. We’ll see how it goes, I’m excited to give it a try as I do believe in the concept of eating locally when it is practical. (I hear those of you in the upper midwest, loud and clear. There are only so many potatoes and turnips a person can stand)
- Monday – Beef stew over rice with peas (Hoping for new pics of both of these)
- Tuesday – Roast chicken with potatoes, Vegetable to be determined
- Wednesday – *EDIT* this is moved to Thursday, Wednesday is Ash Wednesday
- Thursday –Chicken and Wild Rice Soup -going for gluten-free this time.
- Friday – Tuna Croquettes with Cheese Grits, aioli, and roasted broccoli (again hoping for pictures)
- Saturday – Out
- Sunday – Sue Polinsky’s No Tomato Chili, Cornbread,