Well, our routine is already being thrown for another loop. As part of my ongoing effort to get back on track, I’m posting our menu plan. I do this as an exercise in transparency and accountability. To that end, I should note that I completely fell off the menu plan wagon in June (OK probably much earlier), but I’m working to get back on track.
- Monday – Beef fajita skewers, black beans and rice, grilled corn on the cob
Yes, there are two starches, but that corn needs to be used fast.
- Tuesday – Veggie calzones
For those playing along at home, I suppose you could call them our homemade Hot Pockets.
- Wednesday – C.O.R.N.*
- Thursday – Zucchini lasagna, Caesar Salad
I’m replacing the middle layer of noodles with zucchini & mushrooms
- Friday – Lowcountry Boil, green beans
- Saturday – Family Sub Night, raw vegetables, chips
- Sunday – BBQ chicken (dry rub, spatchcock style cooking), broccoli salad, cucumbers in sour cream with dill
*Clean Out Refrigerator Night
Tell me, Home Eccers, what’s on your menu?
For several hundred other menus be sure to check out Organizing Jukie’s Menu Plan Monday.
*Edited to note* It’s a good idea to take a quick peek at the weather before planning the menu. Monday and Tuesday are being swapped, as thunder rumbles in the distance.