I have been in a mood where nothing sounds good or worth the effort. If it weren’t for menu planning, everything would go to pot around dinner time, so there is that. Yesterday served as a perfect illustration. I scrapped the plans due to company, we had pork spare ribs -I used the same technique as for the beef in this recipe-, roasted broccoli, and pasta salad, but it took my husband and I a good hour of idea volleying before anything sounded remotely appealing. As an added bonus it was fab (yes, I am patting myself on the back) and there is more than enough for dinner tonight.
Do you have phases like this?
If so, how do you snap yourself out of them?
- Monday – L/O Ribs, pasta salad & roast broccoli
- Tuesday – Reubens for the adults, grilled cheese for the kids, unless they decide to brave the sauerkraut, cream of broccoli soup, sliced apples
- Wednesday – White chicken chili – I’ve never made or even had this, so it’s a big Fearless Friday experiment.
- Thursday – C.O.R.N.
- Friday – Spaghetti with marinara, sautéed yellow squash
- Saturday – Pizza Night – Theme to be determined
- Sunday – Roast chicken, broiled asparagus, stove top macaroni and cheese
Do you menu plan? If so, I’d love to hear what you’re having for dinner this week. Feel free to share in the comments or link to your own site.
If you would like to get started menu planning, I put together a primer to help you out: