I’m here and I’m doing well. I would probably be 99% there, but someone, namely me, had to go and catch the flu. I never thought I’d be thankful about the good old fashioned, body aching, can’t get out of bed, fever flu but after surgery, I was just thrilled not to have the stomach variety. I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and well wishes.
We have one more night of meals provided by friends. Now that I’m back to good health, the bread making series will return. I apologize for the unexpected hiatus.
Onto this week’s menu.
- Monday -provided by a friend
- Tuesday – C.O.R.N.
- Wednesday – Potato chowder, cornbread
- Thursday – Tacos, refried beans, avocado
- Friday – fish pie**, baked sweet potatoes, green beans
- Saturday – homemade pizza, raw vegetables
- Sunday – beef roast, creamy horseradish, roasted root vegetables, mashed potatoes
*Clean Out Refrigerator Night
** The name sounds terrible, I’m going to see if I can find or create an alternative, but it’s a variation of shepherd’s pie.