We are closing in on the home stretch. Here are some items to look over today to ensure tomorrow is smooth sailing.
- Ensure all necessary appliances are functional.
- Call and confirm guests.
Remind your sister she’s bringing the green bean casserole (Got that, Steph?)
- Double check your pantry and fridge to ensure all ingredients are present and accounted for.
This is especially important for dairy and perishable items. Sour milk does not make nice mashed potatoes.
- Napkins, you did remember the napkins, right?
- If you have fancy silver, is it polished and ready to go?
- If you use a formal dining room, go ahead and set the table, turn plates and glassware upside down to avoid collecting dust.
Wait until the last minute if you are the proud owner of curious cats.
- If you are grilling of frying your turkey check your propane or charcoal supply.
- Check the turkey, is he fully thawed and ready or is he rock solid and in need of an emergency thaw?
Happy Thanksiving everyone. Report back on Friday and tell us how it went.