Well, this is a safe space, right?
I fell off the wagon last week. We not only ate out, we also had what the kids call a “floor picnic movie night”. The latter is how I make serving raw vegetables, cheese, and other usually lunch but not terribly exciting foods palatable.
What’s my excuse? Sick kids and just being tired of “people”. By people, I don’t mean you, of course. You would never be rude to me or my support team; it’s part of why I like you. Naturally.
So here we go, a new week, a new menu, a new chance to try to be a little more on the ball:
- Monday CORN
- Tuesday Oven Baked Chimichangas, salads
- Wednesday A variation on Thai Coconut Soup – not sure how traditional it’ll end up
- Thursday Meatloaf, potatoes, collard greens
- Friday Shrimp Etouffee (I’ll be making the gluten free version)
- Saturday – Red Beans and Rice, cornbread -maybe I’ll get a picture this time… maybe
- Sunday – BBQ Sliders, nachos, and a couple of other finger foods.
What will you be having this week?
Are you serving anything special during that game that likes to be overly-protective of its branding?
And? If you need a pick-me-up to get you going, this is one of my kid’s coaches after they won their championship. (He did this before and after every game and I keep this video on my phone for when I need a little peptalk)
Let’s do this.