It feels far too early in the year, but Mardi Gras is in full swing and Lent begins Wednesday. Tell me, what’s on your menu this week?
- Monday – Chicken, peppers, and mushrooms; Brussels sprouts, roast potatoes
- Tuesday – Oatmeal and banana pancakes, scrambled eggs, fruit
- Wednesday – Simple fish stew*; homemade, crusty bread for the broth
- Thursday – Pasties, green beans, winter spinach salad
- Friday – Lentil casserole, roasted broccoli
- Saturday – Pizza Night – we’ve been off kilter, it’s time to relaunch this tradition
- Sunday – Buttermilk fried chicken, braised greens, rice
*The fish stew is one I’ve been playing with for years, it’s close to what I want, but never quite there. I’ve also seen it under the name Bourtheto. I think this time I’ll use stock instead of water, but it’s still not ready for a post of its own.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 pound tomatoes, grated
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 potatoes peeled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets firm white fish
- 1 pint water
Are you trying anything new this week or revisiting any favorites? Please share in the comments.
Submitted to Mindful Menus.