This is week 42, which is the answer to everything? So it’s totally apropos that we are on a staycation and resting, which is the answer that we need, at least
We are now three weeks into the month-long planned menu and it’s going well. While I haven’t made all of the meals, I haven’t deviated to the point of additional purchases or wasted food. For example, one night we had fewer people home then I expected (blended family schedule changes) so we made nachos instead of the intended enchiladas. No one complained. I call that a win.
This week’s menu:
- Monday – Stuffed bell peppers, refried beans
- Tuesday – Caesar salad, blackened chicken
- Wednesday – Biscuits and sausage gravy (I may try to get this added to the site. It’s a family favorite and one I’ve taught all of our teens. We joke that it’s a struggle meal, but sometimes after a hard day all you can manage is a struggle meal and sometimes that’s all a budget will allow) we will also have fresh fruit
- Thursday – Clean Out Refrigerator Night
- Friday – Macaroni and Cheese, green beans, tossed salad
- Saturday – Street tacos
- Sunday – Chicken bog, cornbread
What are you having this week? Are you looking forward to anything in particular?