Well, it is definitely still hurricane season on the East Coast.
I know many of you who live on the East Coast are tired of the drama that accompanies these usually-and-thankfully-non-events. While it looks like Matthew will make the S-curve and head out to sea, it bears watching. We’re going over our preparedness list and making sure our menu plan for the end of the week isn’t going to be expensive if our plans change.
We live far enough inland that a big storm is more likely to be a massive nuisance and headache than a true emergency. We just make sure that we’ve got everything we need to hunker down and not add to the chaos. Check your list now and avoid the rush.
Please keep those in the direct path of the storm in your thoughts.
What’s on your menu plan this week? Do you need a printable to make your planning and grocery shopping easier?
- Monday – Chopped salad with grilled chicken (Marinated in a Tex-Mex marinade and rubbed with taco seasoning)
- Tuesday – Red Beans and Rice with Smoked Sausage, Collard Greens
- Wednesday – Tacos, the oldest has a football game, so we need it easy and easy to reheat. We’ll just brown some chorizo, make some cabbage slaw and call it good.
- Thursday – Pot Roast with lots of extra carrots
- Friday – Falafel (We ended up going with the shrimp etouffee last week)
- Saturday – Caesar with Grilled Chicken
Sunday – Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet