I hope all of you are doing well. I think there may be a slight misunderstanding as to what the Menu Mondays here on Home-Ec 101 are. These are the weekly meal plans for my family. Generally the plan includes at least one item that I have not yet posted on the site, but am considering. If the recipe seems like a good fit for Home-Ec101 and I have the time to photograph it, I will post and link to the recipe. The intent for the weekly menu planning exercise is to inspire some of you to plan menus that fit your family’s needs, not to dictate what you should eat each day of the week. I appreciate those of you that participate.
If a recipe does not turn out well, I will not be recommending or linking to it. This is for your good and mine. I frequently use older Menu Mondays on this site to figure out what I want to make next week or a year from now.
If you are looking for ideas or have questions, a comment or an email is a wonderful way to participate in the community. However, if you’re feeling the need to send a rude email about how a plan doesn’t meet your preferences and I need to do better, just hit unsubscribe. It’s okay, I keep the unsubscribe link right at the very top of the newsletter for this purpose.
And for the record, yes, I know, we eat a LOT of tacos. I believe that menu planning for a family is a collaborative effort.
My goal is for this space to be a positive place where we encourage one another. Constructive criticism is welcome, rude comments are not.
- Monday – Smoked sausage and cabbage skillet
- Tuesday – Chicken and Dumplings
- Wednesday – Sheet Pan Dinner for Two (Chicken, Potatoes, Broccoli) Again, I hope to get this on the site
- Thursday – Venison Stew (an experiment that will need practice)
- Friday – Fish Tacos (baked with blackening seasoning) in warmed corn tortillas, Refried Beans, Spanish Rice, Cabbage Slaw, Chipotle Sauce
- Saturday – Hoppin’ John, Cornbread, Collard Greens
- Sunday – Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Brown Gravy, Green Beans
What are you planning serving this week?