It has finally cooled off! We ran the air conditioning through Christmas, so it’s a pleasant change of pace. I hope you and yours had a lovely holiday season. We’re excited to begin working toward our goals for 2016. A big part of that is sticking to a budget and not justifying splurges every time we turn around. A menu plan helps us achieve that goal. If you’ve never tried menu planning we’ve got a great series to help you get started.
And just for fun here’s a printable to make your weekly menu plan and grocery shopping a little easier.
- Monday – Smoked Sausage, Collard Greens, and Northern Beans – it’s a riff on a recipe seen here.
- Tuesday – Red Curry with Shrimp
- Wednesday – Bean with Bacon Soup, Corn Bread
- Thursday – C. O. R. N.
- Friday – Nachos (I’ll be in Las Vegas for work, so I’m keeping it easy for everyone at home)
- Saturday – Pot Roast with Carrots and Potatoes
- Sunday – Leftovers from the Pozole (An adventure in which I learned an important lesson about carefully reading labels, especially if they are in Spanish. The meal became a rice dish to dilute the heat from the wrong kind of much more potent dried pepper).
What will you be making this week?