Yesterday, while poking around Friendfeed, I came across an entry where Trish announced her intentions to eat dinner at home every night for the month of September. Last month I wasn’t as good as I could have been and I’ve decided to join in Trish in her challenge. I do have two dinner/ happy hour meetings and a conference that will force me to break my rule, but like Trish, I’m making exceptions for those nights, since they were planned before the end of August. Are you interested in the challenge?
This week’s menu:
- Monday – Lentil casserole, steamed broccoli, baked sweet potatoes
- Tuesday – Black bean and Spanish rice stuffed bell peppers, refried beans, (holy) guacamole
- Wednesday – Chicken bog, green beans, broccoli salad
- Thursday – C.O.R.N.*
- Friday – Peel and eat shrimp, cheese grits, fried okra
- Saturday – Calzones, raw vegetables for dipping
- Sunday – Fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, collard greens, and corn on the cob
Bold titles indicate recipes I hope to add.
*Clean Out Refrigerator Night
If you need a preplanned month of meals and a shopping list to participate in the challenge, I have that available in a printable PDF. Will you join the challenge? Regardless, I’d love to hear what’s on your menu this week.