I hope everyone had an enjoyable Easter weekend. I have been craving red meat and it has been a long while since we splurged on good steaks. I will be visiting the local butcher’s on Wednesday or Thursday. If any steaks are priced within reason they will be Sunday’s dinner; if not, I’ll pull the roast from the freezer. Additional recipes will be added throughout the week.
- Monday – Mushroom quiche, steamed broccoli, tossed salad
- Tuesday – Beef stir fry (a variation of jap chae)
- Wednesday – Chicken and dumplings, biscuits
- Thursday – C.O.R.N.*
- Friday – Dilled salmon, butter beans, steamed vegetables, and cornbread
- Saturday – Pizza night (crust, sauce)**
- Sunday – Steaks, baked sweet potatoes, grilled vegetables
*Clean Out Refrigerator Night
** Pizza night has become somewhat of a tradition in our family, the kids love it as they top their own pizzas. I have found that I can freeze both the sauce and the dough with fantastic results. We turn on music and eat informally as each pizza comes out of the oven. The dinner process is the entertainment, frugal and fun.