This salad is a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken or turkey. The pecans, celery, and apple all add flavor and crunch to this chicken salad. Basil and lemon juice add a light touch of flavor.
Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups cooked chicken – diced
- 2 ribs celery chopped – roughly the same size as the chicken
- 1/2 an apple cored and chopped – again, same size
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 TBSP mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ~1/2 tsp dried basil
- salt/pepper to taste
Now this recipe is incredibly difficult, so pay close attention.
Chicken Salad Instructions
Mix the ingredients. (I do like to make this in the morning and let it hang out in the fridge for a few hours allowing the flavors to combine, but this is not critical.)
Serve with vegetables, as a sandwich, or as a wrap. There’s no wrong way.