Egg Roll Filling Recipe:
- 1 lb ground beef: a heaping pound is better 😉
- can of bean sprouts (found in “international” section)
- grated carrots, about 2 large. (I actually prefer the already shredded carrots. more texture)
Here is the most important tip about seasoning your mixture…
Before you start wrapping make a quick cornstarch and water paste. This keeps it together! You are going to drop a spoonful near one corner of the wrapper leaving a little room to make your first roll. Pull the corner over the filling and on the corners to the left and right add a dab of paste and tuck each one into the middle. Then you just roll it up…putting a dab of paste on the final corner. Voila.
Keep each finished egg roll on a sheet of wax paper to avoid sticking. When you’re finished turn your oil (use peanut oil if possible. less greasy) to about medium heat. While that is heating up it’s time to make your sweet and sour sauce.
Once your peanut oil is ready drop a few in at a time. Keep an eye on them because they can cook quickly! Drain on paper towels and maybe add a bit of SALT from your cute vintage dish!
Sweet and Sour Sauce Recipe:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar (white or rice)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 T. Ketchup (shut up!)
- 1T. cornstarch
- Thai Lettuce Wraps With Satay Pork Strips
- Broccoli Rabe With Garlic and Ginger
- Extreme Makeover White Rice Edition