Buffalo chicken dip is a favorite around here. It’s also ridiculously simple and worth knowing how to make in case you’re ever invited to a sportsball potluck type event. Go team go.
I’ve had buffalo chicken on the brain recently and I was poking around Plain Chicken -a client from my day job and remembered that I’ve been meaning to make this recipe for Home Ec 101.
I go with the classic Frank’s Red Hot Sauce recipe, but there are two import things to remember.
2. Ignore everything about the oven. You don’t need the oven. You want to heat the dip gently so the cheese melts but doesn’t break. Buffalo chicken dip is great, but not so awesome once it’s been sitting on a chafing dish for a while.
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (8 oz. pkg.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup FRANK’S® RedHot® Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce or FRANK’S® RedHot® Buffalo Wings Sauce
- 1/2 cup blue cheese blue cheese dressing*
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese*
- In a heavy sauce pan melt the cream cheese over low heat, stir in the chicken and Frank’s®
- As the mixture becomes easier to stir add in the blue cheese dressing and blue cheese.
- Stir until hot, but don’t let it come to a boil.
- Pour into a serving dish and top with green onions and more blue cheese.
- Serve with vegetables and chips or crackers.
I suppose if you’re one of those people who just abhor blue cheese that you could use homemade ranch dressing and your favorite cheese instead. It’s up to you.