Welcome to week 15 of the weekly menu plan and shopping list journey. Some of you may notice that there are fewer simple carbohydrates on this menu (two notable exceptions). I will be doing my best over the next few weeks to continue adding more vegetables and legume recipes to the site.
Here is the printable -and easily edited- shopping list for this weekly menu, courtesy of SayMmm.com. We are working to compile all of the Home Ec 101 weekly shopping lists into one convenient location. Please bear with us while we get that worked out.
- Monday – Black Bean Soup, Taco Salad -just make a tossed salad, but instead of your usual dressing use salsa and sour cream
- Tuesday – Balsamic Chicken, Wilted Spinach, Oven Roasted Green Beans
- Wednesday – Clean Out Refrigerator Night
- Thursday – Sausage, Peppers, and Onions, Cornbread
- Friday – Lentil Casserole, Roast Broccoli
- Saturday – Country Style Cube Steak, Rice and Peas, Spinach Salad with Pecans
- Sunday - Chili Maple Pork Chops, Asparagus, Lentil Pilaf
If you’re already a menu planning pro, I’d love to hear what you are eating this week. Partly because I love to talk about food and partly because it helps boost my own creativity. Tell me Home Eccers, what’s on your menu?