Back to life, back to reality, not the whole song, just that one line is on repeat in my head. In the last 45 days I’ve been all over the country attending work events, conferences, meeting bloggers for my day job, and visiting family. While I had some fantastic meals (and wine) on these work trips, I am ready to eat a bit healthier. Currently in the fridge I have almost half a box of produce to use up and more to pick up tomorrow.
Last night I made a sausage and squash soup, it was quite possibly the ugliest thing I have ever eaten, but it tasted good. I am just glad that everyone trusted me to just try it, don’t look at it. I am quite certain that soup will be the butt of jokes for years to come.
After a long couple of years, I’m finally in a place where I have good lighting, a nice kitchen set-up, and I have some mental bandwidth to spare. I’m excited to break out my camera and seriously begin shooting pictures again. As I’m able, these recipes will be linked to the versions I use for this site. In the interim, I’m linking to my starting points.
- Monday -Squash and Zucchini Carbonara: Place holder Carbonara Sauce Recipe I’ll be tossing the sauce with the sauteed vegetables
- Tuesday – Chicken tacos in lettuce wraps with a radish slaw – lime, honey, and cilantro in place of the normal shredded lettuce
- Wednesday – Lentil burgers with tzatziki, vegetables marinated in homemade Italian dressing
- Thursday – Vegetable fajitas – don’t tell the kids, I’m just not going to add any meat – guacamole
- Friday – Hamburgers and sweet potato fries
- Saturday – Some kind of grilled meat on skewers, over rice, with lots of vegetables… I’ll get it figured out
- Sunday – Clean Out Refrigerator Night
What are you having this week?
Have you tried anything new lately? How did it turn out? More interestingly, have you had any failures? What did you learn?
Do I ever stop asking questions?
Why would I?