Welcome to the “When Home Improvement Projects Go Awry” edition of the Sunday Confessional. Mr. Heather and I are usually competent do it yourself type people. In our old home, a 100+ year old home in Minnesota, we hired out for some major projects. Thankfully, our curent home is newer and thus far has only needed minor repairs and cosmetic changes.
Which brings us to our shower. In June, Mr. Heather and I agreed it was time to strip out the old caulk and replace it with a new mildew resistant caulking. We decided we’d let the shower dry out for 72 hours after stripping the caulk and using a bleach solution. It’s now September and we are still using the shower on the other end of the house.
So Home Eccers, comment and tell us about your abandoned projects.
I did manage to reintroduce my floors to a mop a few hours after the last confessional; I’m hoping this one has a similar effect.