The in-laws are coming, the in-laws are coming! Stock the fridge, check the pantry, the in-laws are coming. Company can wreck a budget in no time flat, especially if you’re caught unprepared. If you celebrate, have you planned for Easter dinner? What about decorating Easter Eggs? Now’s the time to check the recipes, make room in the fridge, and figure out the game plan.
This week’s menu:
- Monday – two bean tamale pie, salad
- Tuesday – (crunch day) leftovers/sandwiches, we’ll need the fridge space
- Wednesday – (in-laws arrive) lasagna, salad, garlic bread sherbet
- Thursday – tacos, refried beans, spanish rice, spoonbread with green chilies
- Friday – crab/shrimp boil, corn, green beans (We’ll be catching our own blue crabs)
- Saturday – homemade pizza or calzones, raw vegetables with dip
- Sunday (12 people will be eating) ham with raspberry sauce, yellow squash, Ivy’s hashbrown casserole (known as funeral potatoes in some circles), collards, deviled eggs, green bean casserole (my sister would otherwise boycott), sweet potatoes, lemon meringue and key lime pie
The recipes will be linked and posted as pictures are taken.