This is one of those weeks where having a menu plan for the week is critical to our staying on budget. Most weeks, when I’m not traveling for work, I time shift. In other words, instead of working the standard 9 am – 5 pm, I am on 6 am – 2 pm. I usually don’t exactly clock out at two, but my colleagues know I am much less likely to be immediately available. With four kids, this helps us keep our sanity.
This week I’ll be working a normal, if less convenient 9 am – 5pm and I am also planning to hold my used-to-be-annual pre-Thanksgiving photoshoot. It’s where I prepare the recipes I plan on posting in November. The last three Octobers have been filled with a lot of change, but we’re finally ready to do this. I do use all of the tips I share in the annual Countdown to Turkey Day, which help a lot.
If you need a printable to help with menu planning, here you go.
This week we’ll be having mostly quick meals to keep the evenings as free as possible for the preparation and kid activities.
- Monday – Taco Skillet, Salads
- Tuesday – Chicken Bog, Collard Greens (doubling to take to friends who could use a meal)
- Wednesday – Chicken Caesar Salads
- Thursday – Italian Sausage, Peppers, and Onions, (I’ll probably add a few handfuls of kale and call it a day)
- Friday – Tuna Cakes, Cheese Grits, Sauteed Green Beans
- Saturday – Clean Out Refrigerator Night
- Sunday – pre-Turkey Day – Everything you expect on Thanksgiving Day, plus a few variations. It’ll be a lot of fun. We’ll be sending leftovers home with guests
Have a great week!