Last week’s lentil patty melts were changed into black bean patty melts, but they worked really well. Same concept as the lentil patties, I just forgot to check the pantry before writing the menu. (Yep, more proof that we’re all human around here). I also managed to reshoot the sausage peppers and onions. If you’re a Pinterest user, here you go.
I think my recipe experiment for this week will be falafel. My boss and I have a couple of work trip traditions and one of those includes finding the best curry we can near our venue. Last month we ended up in Salt Lake City and I spotted a hole in the wall where I had a falafel plate that I’ve been thinking about ever since. (I get to go back to Salt Lake next month and yes, I’ll make sure I get more falafel.) It was the first time I’d ever had falafel over salad and it just makes sense. If I can sell the minions on the concept it is going into regular rotation.
What’s on your menu this week? Here’s a printable to make planning a little easier.
- Monday – Broccoli Chicken and Cashew Stir Fry, Cucumber salad
- Tuesday – Chili, Tater Tots, Raw Vegetables with Ranch or Blue Cheese
- Wednesday – Falafel and Salad
- Thursday – Clean Out Refrigerator Night
- Friday – Fish Tacos, Refried Beans, Spanish Rice
- Saturday – Corn Chowder, Chopped Salad
- Sunday – Ham, Macaroni and Cheese, Roasted Broccoli, and maybe a coconut cake I’m still trying to figure out if we’re having company or not, so this menu is subject to change.