I’ve always found the week between Christmas and New Years to be a strange one. It’s not a holiday, I have to work, but still it’s a bit more festive and laid back than every day.
Yet, there’s still work to do, people to feed, and another holiday to get ready for…
To make that easier we make a plan. Last plan I mentioned wanting to switch to planning from the circular. I didn’t get that far, but this week is almost all either pulled from the freezer or using up things in the refrigerator.
Thank you for sticking with us through another year. We’ve got a lot planned, and more than meals, for 2016.
- Monday – Leftover soup (I made mussels in a butter wine sauce for Christmas Eve, then remade the leftovers into a soup. Now we need to finish that off)
- Tuesday – Tacos, Refried Beans, Cabbage Slaw
- Wednesday – Penne Bake (Meat Sauce with Ricotta and Mozzarella, baked ’til bubbly)
- Thursday Appetizers and Snacks as we let the kids ring in the New Year
Bacon wrapped jalapenos, sausage balls, chicken wings, blue cheese dressing and a vegetable platter
- Friday – Hoppin’ John, Cornbread, and Collard Greens
- Saturday – Kale and Cabbage Chopped Salad with Pulled Chicken – Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Sunday – Sausage, Bell Peppers, Onions and Kale over Roasted Potatoes