I’d give us a solid B+ for last week. Instead of staying at home and eating leftovers, we did get dinner out one evening. It was still a good week and on Saturday I spent some time cooking for this coming week and some travel I have in the next couple of months. Managing four kids in three schools and three sports takes a ridiculous amount of planning.
I made a huge batch of chicken bog and roasted two small chickens I picked up on clearance. I also turned those chickens into stock. It wasn’t a bad way to spend a rainy afternoon. The roast chicken is going to be turned into chicken salad. The minions have been requesting a buffalo version with celery and a ranch version with apples and sunflower seeds.
The pulled pork burrito bowls we had yesterday were a huge hit with everyone.
I also learned, last week, that a batch of chili goes a lot further when served over baked potatoes and that it was requested again for this week. I am happy to oblige when a meal is that easy.
What worked for you last week?
What didn’t? Will anything you tried be making it into regular rotation or was it simply a learning experience?
What will you be having this week? Anything new?
- Monday – Ground beef and cabbage skillet
- Tuesday – Tacos w/ leftover pulled pork, cabbage slaw, refried beans
- Wednesday – Chili over Baked Potatoes
- Thursday – Butternut Squash, Kale, and Bacon Skillet, I’ll be throwing some potatoes in to stretch it a little further
- Friday – The great Thai Curry Chicken experiment continues (I have yet to be able to replicate exactly what I’m looking for, but we’ll get there.
- Saturday – Choucroute – we’ll see how it is accepted around here that’s kielbasa, sauerkraut and potatoes. I’m excited, we’ll see how others feel about it
- Sunday – Not quite date night will be garlic butter shrimp over spaghetti squash tossed in pesto.
At some point I’ll also be making a big batch of granola.
Let us know what you’re trying in the comments.