I had a wonderful time in Asheville at the Type-A Mom conference and met a lot of interesting people. Now that I’m back home, it’s time to get back on track and into the routines that keep me from going completely nuts. It’s going to be a very busy week, so I won’t attempt to get any new recipes added to the index, so this week’s menu should be easy to stay with.
- Monday – Black bean burritos*, Spanish rice, fried green corn + cilantro
Leftover beans, rice, and corn will be frozen together as a base for a future soup.
- Tuesday – Spatchcock grilled chicken**, garlic broccoli, oven roasted potatoes, lentil pilaf
Leftover potatoes will be used for breakfast skillets in the morning
- Wednesday – CORN (Clean Out Refrigerator Night)
- Thursday – Split pea soup, sweet cornbread
- Friday – Blackened catfish with fruit salsa, cheese grits, tossed salad
- Saturday – Homemade pizza night
- Sunday – Wine braised pot roast, oven roasted vegetables, rice
*I’ve been craving Moe’s Burritos, so I will be attempting a recreation at home. I don’t think I could call it a homewrecker without copyright /trademark issues, but that’s what I’m going for.
**Having lots of side dishes prevents the family from devouring the entire chicken, the leftovers will be chicken salad for lunch.
So tell me, what’s on your menu this week?