Have you ever had a week where no matter how hard you try meals just don’t work out the way you planned? That was our house last week. It was a case of rapidly reproducing leftovers and I sure was not going to cook as long as they held out and no one was complaining. All of that is to explain why some items on this week’s menu look familiar; I just didn’t get around to making them.
This week my goal is to cook from the pantry and freezer augmenting with some produce.
- tuna salad with crackers, celery sticks, yogurt
- ham and cheese, carrot sticks, applesauce
- PB&J, cheese cubes, fresh fruit
- hot dogs, stove top mac and cheese, steamed broccoli
- cheese quesadillas, broccoli w/ ranch to dip
- chicken salad sandwiches, fresh fruit
- Monday – grilled chicken*, green beans, pasta salad
- Tuesday – C.O.R.N.**
- Wednesday – black bean soup, tossed salad
- Thursday – pork loin w/cracked black pepper, roast veggies, rice, gravy
- Friday- blackened salmon, garlic mashed potates, steamed broccoli
- Saturday – hash and rice, butter beans, cornbread
- Sunday – roast beef with creamy horseradish, parslied potatoes, zucchini and squash
*I’ll grill extra to use later in the week for chicken salad.
**Clean Out Refrigerator Night