It is hot and about to get hotter; there’s a heat wave on the horizon that promises triple digit heat indexes. Mr. Heather is working long hours which isn’t unusual, but during the dog days of summer it can be hard to muster the energy to put on a full meal.
Tell me, Home Eccers, what do you prepare when it’s too hot to cook and almost too hot to eat?
- Monday – Chicken skewers with a Thai peanut sauce for dipping, onigiri, sliced bell pepper and broccoli for dipping
Onigiri is a Japanese snack, rice and vegetables assembled like sushi. I’ve been experimenting with foods for the baby and these were extremely well received by everyone.
- Tuesday – Taco salad
- Wednesday – Contributing pasta salad to a pot luck
- Thursday – C.O.R.N
Clean Out Refrigerator Night
- Friday- Fried chicken, green beans, rice, gravy, salad
Stepdaughter will soon be going home and requested this.
- Saturday – Sub sandwich night
- Sunday – Chicken pilau, green peas, corn on the cob, 1st birthday cake
I needed something that could feed a crowd with plenty of leftovers for Mr. Heather as I have to take the kids out of town. Yes, again.
What’s on the menu at your place?