Happy Memorial Day, please thank a veteran for their sacrifice.
Last week due to some crazy scheduling I ended up way off track, meals were served either from the pantry, take out, or at odd times. I just fell off the menu wagon. Are those gasps and sighs I hear? In all seriousness, most of this week will be using up items meant for last week.
Tell me, what do you do when your meal plans go awry?
- Monday – Attending a cookout and bringing pasta salad
- Tuesday – Grilled whole chicken, grilled zucchini and squash, rice
- Wednesday – Chicken salad sandwiches, raw vegetables
- Thursday – Frittata*, salad
- Friday – crab cakes, cheese grits, steamed vegetables
- Saturday – pizza night
- Sunday – beef roast, roasted potatoes, broiled Brussels sprouts with balsamic vinegar
*A fritatta is somewhere between an omelet and a crustless quiche. Don’t be intimidated, I’m simply going to saute some vegetables that need to be used, with some leftover deli ham, add a few eggs and bake until done. It’s basically just a fancy way of disguising odd bits of leftovers.