I’m back from the land of nod! Well mostly, still a little slow, but getting better all the time. First up, let’s take care of the who won the Classic Southern Desserts cookbook. Random.org chose commenter #4, more formally known as Melinda. Congratulations and watch your inbox for an email asking for your mailing address. I promise, I’m way too busy to do any serious stalking.
I have honestly missed adding recipes to this site. Sure, it’s a giant pain in the rear to juggle cooking, taking photos, and writing down my random recipe tweaks, but it’s my kind of fun. Yeah, yeah not normal, I’ve heard it all before.
My diet is still restricted to tender foods. /sigh
- Monday – Stewed chicken, risotto (this is an experiment, it may or may not show up on the site), wilted spinach
- Tuesday – C.O.R.N.
- Wednesday – Pot roast, carrots & celery, mashed potatoes
- Thursday – Mini cottage pies (hello Mr. Muffin tin), mushy peas (maybe, I reserve the right to chicken out of this one, for no other reason than mint isn’t my favorite)
- Friday – Return of Homemade Pizza Night (Pizza crust, pizza sauce)
- Saturday – C.O.R.N.
- Sunday – Turkey and dumpling soup, tossed salad (if I’m up for raw vegetables by then)
While I’ve done a lot of my recuperating while goofing around online, I feel as though I ‘ve been out of touch and need to catch up.
What’s for dinner?