Busy is a word we’re tired of hearing. How are you? Busy? Yep. My husband’s work schedule has gone insane -which lately we’re just thankful there is a work schedule- and my own? Well, I’m not sure anything else will fit without having to pencil in a three-day-stay in a quiet, padded room.
To keep myself in line and to stay out of the drive-through here’s this week’s plan, Friday and Saturday Tim will be on his own with the kids, I plan on making enough Wednesday and Thursday to see them through with minimal effort. Bold recipes are the ones I hope to post in the near future, the key word being hope:
- Monday – pan fried fish, rice and peas, green beans (frozen) -possibly coleslaw, but no promises-
- Tuesday – pork chops with raspberry sauce, sautéed cabbage, glazed carrots
- Wednesday – Chicken pilau, roasted broccoli
- Thursday – Kidney bean patty burgers, sweet potato oven fries, tossed salad
- Friday – C.O.R.N.
- Saturday – C.O.R.N.
- Sunday – roast chicken (unless it’s hot, then it will be grilled Spatchcock style), lentil pilaf, asparagus broiled or grilled or I may just be exhausted, in that case it will be Brinner – breakfast for dinner eggs, grits, bacon, and fruit
CORN = Clean Out Refrigerator Night
What are you looking forward to this week?
Are you trying any new recipes? Feel free to share the link to your own menu or just post it in the comments.
Don’t forget, Fearless Friday are now monthly, the next one is May 7. Get ready!
Submitted to Mindful Menus. Submitted to Menu Plan Monday.