Well, last week didn’t work out as planned. There were a lot more let’s make do with what we have that’s quick dinners, but I was able to reshoot one of the most popular recipes on this site.
Quick beef and cabbage skillet, it’s a handful of ingredients and thirty minutes until you’ve got a warm, filling (and believe it or not paleo if you’re into that) meal.
If I keep this up and manage to re-shoot one recipe a week, I may manage to catch up by 2018.
I also started to make an interesting chicken fajita soup but I left the wheat-free flour somewhere else and ended up making a tortilla soup that the family loved, but it was too thrown together to write up. It’s still movement in the right direction and I’ll take that.
So what’s up for next week? Well, I’ll be sharpening my knives if the sharpening stone and ceramic rod arrive (they should). Lent starts this week and I’m going to buckle down on the whole let’s not eat out thing, unless I’m on the road for work. I have to have the practical caveat in there, sorry.
And on the menu:
- Monday – Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, cabbage, carrots
- Tuesday – We’re headed out with some friends for Fat Tuesday, otherwise it’d be the perfect excuse for Shrimp Etouffee
- Wednesday – Lentil casserole, baked sweet potatoes, kale (Ash Wednesday)
- Thursday – Taco soup, tortilla chips (or maybe I’ll remake last week’s soup with a lot more attention to detail)
- Friday – Fish and tomato stew, with bread and / or potatoes
- Saturday – Sloppy joes / tacos, broccoli with cheese sauce (experimenting with a gf version) and what the heck chips
- Sunday – Let’s shoot for the Chicken, mushrooms, and peppers dish, rice and peas, acorn squash
What will you be cooking this week?
Are you trying anything new?