Menu planning does a lot more than just keep my grocery budget in line, it prevents the 4pm refrigerator stare. We’ve all been there, right? You gaze into the depths of the produce bin waiting for something to jump into your arms shouting “Cook me! I’m delicious!” A few minutes of planning on Monday morning (and a reminder on my calendar to pull ingredients from the freezer) saves me a lot of time and frustration.
- Monday – 15 Bean Soup, garlic & cheddar biscuits (remember those from Red Lobster?), Winter Wilted Spinach Salad
- Tuesday – Chicken fajitas, refried beans, Spanish rice
- Wednesday – C.O.R.N.
- Thursday – Pot roast, rice and gravy,roasted turnips, rutabaga & Brussels sprouts
- Friday – Dilled salmon, baked sweet potatoes, peas & almonds
- Saturday – Pizza night – I think I’ll experiment w/ taco pizza
- Sunday – Sticky chicken, glazed carrots, collard greens & northern beans
C.O.R.N. = Clean out Refrigerator Night
So tell me, what’s for dinner?