It looks as though menus and schedules will be what holds my sanity together over the next few months. This realization hit me as I contemplated just winging it this week. When we feel pressed for time is when a routine can help keep the little tasks from spiraling out of control. You (read that as I) just have to remember to not sweat it when things don’t go as planned.
So, with that in mind here’s to Menu Monday.
Share what’s on your menu, either in the comments or with a link to your own blog or site. In addition to what’s listed,
- Monday – C.O.R.N. (Transparency, tonight may be a pizza treat for the kids if today’s 1000x errands don’t kill me)
- Tuesday – Braised beef shoulder roast; carrots, celery & onions, rice
- Wednesday – Pulled pork w/ gravy, collard green gratin (will probably downgrade to a casserole style), steamed broccoli
- Thursday – Tamale pie (shredded pork, black beans, corn, tomatoes) with a cornbread topping
- Friday – Some form of leek soup, blackened catfish, steamed vegetables
- Saturday – Calzones, fresh vegetables
- Sunday – To be determined, it may be a lazy C.O.R.N. or a more adventurous jaunt into the depths of the freezer
C.O.R.N. = Clean Out Refrigerator Night
Tell me, what are you eating this week?