Welcome to week two of the official Home Ec 101 menu plan and shopping list. I’m working with SayMmm.com to provide Home Ec 101 readers with menu plans and shopping lists. Clicking the link to the grocery list will take you to a highly customizable grocery list. Add or subtract items you need with just a few clicks and then you’re all set for the week.
I like that you can easily switch to a list grouped by aisle / area of the grocery store just by clicking Area & Stores under View in the leftmost column.
You don’t have to have an account on SayMmm.com to take advantage of this feature, but registration is free and opens up more planning options.
The menus here on Home Ec 101 are influenced by the season and designed to feed a family of 4 – 6 with leftovers eaten for lunch. (In our house most of the leftovers go to work with my husband). We also have CORN aka Clean Out Refrigerator Night one night a week, not only to give me a break, but to ensure food isn’t wasted. If there aren’t any leftovers then it’s a grilled cheese or other easy meal kind of night.
- Monday Black Bean Burritos, Spanish Rice
- Tuesday Blackened Beef Tips, Fettuccine Alfredo, Spinach Salad with Feta
- Wednesday C.O.R.N.¹
- Thursday Garlic and Soy Chicken Thighs, Zucchini and Mushrooms, Braised Rutabaga
- Friday Fish and Chips, Roasted Broccoli
- Saturday Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet, Steamed Green Beans
- Sunday Stewed Chicken, Rice and Peas
¹Clean Out Refrigerator Night
Submitted to OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday