We’re still sticking to the winter vegetables, even though Spring weather has arrived locally. I know it’s not fair to brag about sunshine and 80 degree temps while our Northern friends are dealing with snow, rain, and ice.
Here is another menu and shopping list for Home Ec 101 readers. This menu is geared toward produce available in the winter for many parts of North America. I don’t take a rigid approach to local produce like No-Impact Man, but I do try to remain conscious of our choices and try to keep a majority of the purchases in season.
- Monday – Lentil Patties, Coleslaw, Ranch Potato Wedges
- Tuesday – Ground Beef and Cabbage Skillet, Roasted Broccoli
- Wednesday – Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup, Spinach Salad with Feta
- Thursday – Clean Out Refrigerator Night
- Friday – Dilled Salmon, Oven Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus
- Saturday – Garlic and soy chicken thighs, Rice and Peas, Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Sunday – Beer Braised Short Ribs (you can substitute beef stock, if you don’t partake or cider), Roast vegetables, Sauteed Cabbage
What about you? Do you take a seasonal approach to your menus?
What are you looking forward to cooking this week?