Here we are, week 5 of winter vegetables. This week I cheated a little and reached into the frozen vegetables, just to make sure there was more green on our plates. The whites and yellows can get old pretty quickly.
I was recently asked how much our family spends on groceries, the short answer is we spend about $140 a week for 5 – 6 people. Yes, there are families that do significantly better or worse than our average. We’re at a place where I’m happy with the balance of effort, time, and return. If you’re utilizing the menu plan, you may find your grocery bill is a little higher for a few weeks until your pantry is stocked. You’ll notice, if you look back over the past few weeks, that many of the ingredients are used over and over. I rely on seasonal vegetables to keep a wide variety in our menu.
I’ve teamed up with SayMmm.com to provide Home Ec 101 readers with a printable shopping list. Don’t worry, the list is easily editable. Go ahead and take a look at this week’s printable grocery list.
- Lentil Burgers, Ranch Potato Wedges, Turnips Carrots and Onions
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Drop Dumplings
- Chili Rubbed Maple Pork Chops, Rice, Roasted Broccoli
- Dilled Salmon, Wilted Spinach, Braised Rutabaga
- Chicken Fingers, Peas and Almonds, Stove Top Macaroni and Cheese
- Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Caesar Salad
Submitted to Orgjunkie's Menu Plan Monday.