February is knocking at the door, what does February mean as far as seasonal eating? Well for the most part we’re still stuck with root vegetables and winter greens. It’s not until March that we begin to see asparagus come into season and then we’ll get hit with an avalanche of fresh foods. I’m very excited, my husband may soon have access to a CSA at his place of employment. Until recently, purchasing a share in a community supported agriculture program wasn’t really feasible due to the logistics. Previously, it was a nice idea, in theory, but practically it was hard to squeeze another 2+ hour chore into an already packed week.
So, what seasonal foods are you using to keep your menus interesting?
This menu is written for a family of four to six. Just remember that leftovers are either taken to work for lunch or consumed on the week’s Clean Out Refrigerator Night. Most of the spices are used in other recipes on the site, so you don’t actually end up like this XKCD comic.
Here’s the full editable and printable shopping list for your convenience.
- Black Bean Burritos, Spanish Rice, Corn
- Meatloaf, Rice and peas, Roast broccoli
- Fettucine Alfredo, Blackened beef tips, Caesar salad
- Clean Out Refrigerator Night
- Steelhead Trout or Salmon with Honey Glaze, Oven roasted potatoes, and Wilted spinach
- Country Style Cube Steak, Tossed Salad, Peas and Almonds, Macaroni and Cheese -oven baked
- Roast Chicken – Spatchcock Style use this bbq rub, Oven-roasted brussels sprouts, Lentil pilaf
So tell me, Home Eccers? What are you trying this week?