As a service to readers of Home Ec 101, I share a complete weekly menu almost every week. I do this in conjunction with the site SayMmm.com which makes the menu plan and grocery list making chore a snap. Brian Hutchins, the creator, was inspired with the idea after watching his wife go through the weekly hassle of planning their menu. He said there had to be an easier way and soon found there wasn’t; so he created one. Check it out.
Here’s this week’s menu and easily editable and printable shopping list.
- Monday – Fettuccine Alfredo with Steamed Broccoli, Caesar Salad
- Tuesday – Banana Oatmeal Pancakes, Fried Eggs, Bacon, Fresh Fruit
- Wednesday – Albondigas, flour tortillas
- Thursday – Clean Out Refrigerator Night
- Friday – Pecan Crusted Salmon, Wilted Spinach, Lentil Pilaf
- Saturday – Oven Fried chicken, Macaroni and Cheese, Collard Greens
- Sunday – Pork Chops with Raspberry sauce, Rice and Peas, Turnips, Carrots and Onions
If you don’t have a food processor or blender, just go ahead and substitute regular buttermilk pancakes, I won’t tell a soul. Heck, I might even invite myself over -now there’s a creepy thought for your Monday morning.
Check out lots of other menus over at OrgJunkie’s Menu Plan Monday.
If you aren’t using the Home Ec 101 weekly menu, feel free to share what you’ll be cooking this week. I really am interested, I’m also an irrepressible grocery cart snoop. It’s kind of what I do. You aren’t surprised are you?