We love oven-roasted Brussels sprouts in our home. This variation on the classic takes advantage of bacon and all of its wonderful flavor.
Make more of these Brussels sprouts than you think you could possibly consume. Just trust me, this is especially true for holiday dinners. Oh it’s a vegetable, who wants vegetables on Thanksgiving? Apparently a LOT of people do.
: Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 4 – 6 bacon strips cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. (If you have other items at 350, that will be just fine)
- Wash and then peel off any loose or damaged leaves from the sprouts. Trim the root end and cut each sprout in half.
- Cook the bacon in a large oven-proof skillet over medium heat until bacon just begins to crisp. Transfer the bacon with a slotted spoon to a bowl and set aside. Add the Brussels sprouts to the skillet and season with salt and pepper and toss to coat withe the bacon grease. If you need your pan for another dish, you can transfer the sprouts to baking dish for the next step.
- Put the pan in the oven and roast the Brussels sprouts for about 30 minutes, add the bacon and continue to roast until the sprouts are cooked through and golden, about 10 to 15 minutes more.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 50 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6