It is time to use ’em or lose ’em. Here are some guidelines, and recipes for using up Thanksgiving leftovers. Substitute turkey in any of the chicken recipes below.
- Turkey should be frozen or used within 2 – 6 days.
- Frozen cooked turkey should be used within 2 months and should be cooked thoroughly, immediately after thawing.
- If you have gravy or leftover mashed potatoes they should have been used within 1 – 2 days after Thanksgiving. Use them today or toss them out.
- Leftover gravy is an excellent addition to “Mustgo Soup,” mashed potatoes are, too. Both thicken and add flavor.
- Cranberry sauce can be stirred into yogurt, served over ice cream, or it makes a nice accompaniment to pork chops, ham, chicken, or fish. It should be used within 7 days. (The sugar acts as a preservative.)
|Leftover Turkey Recipes|