Lately people have been remarking on how great I look since I’ve lost weight. I really have lost some weight, but I also have found some tricks to make you look like you’ve lost more weight than you actually have lost. And now, I share them with you, dear readers.
1. Get a good bra. This has probably been my best trick ever. Before I even started losing weight I got some great bras to wear and people started asking me if I had lost weight. It seems that if you can make your breasts appear bigger, it draws the eye away from your stomach and hips. Especially if that eye is male, ha.
2. Lengthen your legs. Of course, you can’t actually lengthen your legs, but there are many ways to make your legs appear longer. One of the best ways I have found is to wear slacks that come just below my ankles with high heels. Another way is to wear the shortest skirt/shorts you feel comfortable with. Obviously, we’re not all comfy with Daisy Dukes, but the more leg that is showing, the longer it will appear
3. Back in black. Black is fabulous. One time I showed up to a lunch date wearing a black t-shirt and black shorts. My friend asked me why I dressed up, and she was serious. Black not only makes you look dressier, it also camoflouges a myriad of body issues.
4. Wear stuff that fits. When I first gained a lot of weight, I tried to hide it with clothing that was larger than the actual size I wore. It was a big mistake, because all the extra fabric only made me look larger. On the opposite side of the coin, wearing clothing that was too tight also made me look heavier than I am. Wearing clothing that is form-fitting but not excessively tight seems to be the way to go.
5. Work it with confidence. I noticed when I feel better about myself, people tend to think I look better. How do you get to feeling better about yourself? Tell yourself how beautiful and fab you look. It really does work!
Tell me about your secrets for looking thinner!